Sadly, a major illness can strike at any time. Figures for the UK, published by the Office for National Statistics in 2016, show more than 800 people a day receive a diagnosis of cancer. Every six minutes, someone suffers a heart attack. Homemakers work an average of 66 hours a week based on 5 working days. Protection therefore should not just be about providing cover in the event of death.
Why Use an Insurance Broker?
There are so many types of insurances available and the policy terms vary provider to provider. Pre-existing conditions, age and current health can all impact on a prospective protection plan. This is typically translated into increased premiums, policy exceptions and exclusions. We can arrange a protection plan specifically tailored to your situation taking into account your circumstances and affordability. Also, importantly, you don’t need to be a mortgage client to benefit from our service.
Why Wise About Money Ltd?
When it comes to insurance, you don’t need to go overboard. You just need to avoid being underprepared. Our duty of care to all our clients, this means:-
- We don’t charge for setting up a policy, or reviewing any current plans
- We’ll find a competitive premium for you through our wide range of insurers
- Where there are pre-existing conditions, we’ll do more than quote, we’ll research your requirements and discuss with the underwriters for a pre- application decision
- Paperwork is complicated and cumbersome so we’ll deal with it all for you
- Once your application is done, we make sure the policy terms and documents get issued correctly
- To ensure your protection plan goes live at the right time, we’ll activate it
- We’ll be in touch annually to review your policies and make sure they remain suitable
Typical insurances we can help with
Otherwise known as Life Assurance, pays a tax free lump sum in the event of death. This type of policy is often linked to a mortgage but can be set up as a stand alone benefit.
Offers an alternative as it is designed to provide an income to dependants in the event of death, rather than a cash lump sum.
Is available to self-employed limited company Directors who want to set up the equivalent of an employee’s Death In Service.
Pays a tax free lump sum in the event of diagnosis or total disability. The money could be used in whatever way you deem appropriate, which could be paying off your mortgage or your monthly outgoings, to pay for private medical treatment and nurses, or simply to hire a nanny for the kids.
Through accident, illness and even unemployment, you know your monthly mortgage payment is always covered.
Provides private medical heathcare in the event you need treatment.